Boardwalk Donuts – Santa Cruz, CA

Overall Shop rating: 3 ½ Nadas
I have lived in the great town of Santa Cruz for many years, and one of my fondest memories and current traditions is visiting the Santa Cruz Beach Boardwalk on Monday or Tuesday evenings. I happen to be addicted to sales and discounts, and on these particular evenings during the summer the Boardwalk has decided to make an annual tradition “1907 Nights” where all rides, sodas, hot dogs, and cotton candy are only 75 cents! What a deal!
I have attended these beautiful evenings many times and have ridden the Giant Dipper (I highly recommend this ride) more times that I can count on my fingers and toes, but I had overlooked something special… until a few nights ago. I was walking from the mini golf course to the Giant Dipper with my friend Jimmie Adams, when I noticed something amazing, calling out and challenging me. I had never noticed this before and that could be because my donut radar is more tuned in these days, but there in the window of a food vendor was a glaze donut, about the size of my head!!!!! Oh my goodness, I was in heaven. The first thought that crossed my mind was, “Beauty is fleeting. It is the inside that counts.” What did this massive beauty taste like?
*Note* As I had just eaten a large dinner, I knew that my stomach would not allow me to indulge in a complete head-sized donut, so I shared it with my donut-critics in training, John and Dylan.
Vibe of Shop: 1 Nadas
This wasn’t a shop specifically dedicated to donuts. It is like a country fair at the Boardwalk. Snotty-nosed kids running around and people waking by with giant stuffed animals. It was entertaining but definitely not relaxing as a donut shop should be.

Outside Appearance: 3 Nadas
I love the Boardwalk.

Hours: 3 Nadas
10am to 10pm… It’s a good chunk of the day, but still not 24 hours as I prefer.

Service: 3 Nadas
It’s all business here. Under paid
Taste of Glaze Donut: 5 Nadas!!!
Oh My! When they sell you a donut, they put it in the microwave for several seconds. This really brings out and accents the moistness and flavor. Woo! I loved it.

Blueberry Donut? Unfortunately, NO. But this was about one thing only Giant Glaze Donut.

Coffee: N/A
I forgot to taste it.
For an eventful exhilarating evening I suggest this.
1. Buy 1 or 2 massive donuts.
2. Walk to the Giant Dipper while consuming the donuts.
3. Ride the Giant Dipper 3 times back to back.
4. Puke.

Now that’s what I call fun. ;-)

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here