Sunshine Donuts – San Luis Obispo, CA

Overall Shop Rating: 4 Nadas
I have been playing music in various bands for about 13 years. For about 8 of those years I have had a friend/fan follow and support my music. At the beginning she was in Junior High, and now, in college, she has helped me promote shows and get musical connections. She has been so good to me so I gave her the name, Sarah Lam Superfan. (I hope she’s not offended).
When Sarah heard that I had a donut blog, she immediately started throwing out names of great donut shops. The one she said I definitely had to check out was called Sunshine Donutes in San Luis Obispo. She said that it is open 24 hours which makes it the perfect place for insomniac college students to get donuts at the wee hours of the night. This reminds me a lot of my love, Ferrell’s Donuts on Ocean in Santa Cruz.

Vibe of Shop: 3 ½ Nadas
It was a normal donut shop, kind of small and slightly cramped inside. I did love the “donut bar” area.

Outside Appearance: 2 Nadas
It was kind of boring. I did visit at night so I didn’t really get to see the surrounding area but there wasn’t anything special that made this shop “pop.”

Hours: 24 Hours

Service: 5 Nadas
The service was great! Maybe Colleen, the lady working, was bored, but after eating my donut I told her about my donut blog and how I would love to see the process in which a donut is made. She invited me to the back and walked me through the whole donut making process. It was so fun! After this night, I committed to making my own donut from scratch!
Taste of Glaze Donut: 4 Nadas
I remember this donut being very tasty and moist, but it didn’t blow my mind like others I have had.

Blueberry Donut… Yes!!!

Coffee: 3 Nadas
It was just average.




Special: They had Apple Sauce donuts. I thought this was a but strange, but I am a huge fan of apple sauce. They tasted good.
Thank you, Colleen, for inspiring me to create a perfectly round fried piece of dough. I will take your direction and implement your wisdom and I will make you proud.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here