Heavenly Donuts – Redding, CA

Overall Shop rating: 3 Nadas
Redding, CA, a place that reminds me of the good ol’ days when cowboys walked the streets toting guns and gold-rush miners hit the saloon after finding gold nuggets in streams. I feel that not much has changed here in Redding, except that you can’t take your guns to town anymore. It’s probably a good thing. On this day, I found myself in Redding to attend my friend’s wedding, and Travis Oberg and I spotted this shop while driving through town.

Vibe of Shop: 3 Nadas
My friend Alex hit the nail on the head: “The vibe is not awesome… but it’s clean” – Alex Braica… They had a good donut display but honestly, it was a little too corporate for me.



Outside Appearance: 2 ½ Nadas
They had an impressive presence on the corner of a busy street. The huge sign and bright colors caught my attention immediately and drew me in like a bee to the honeysuckle. The main problem was that there was no place to sit outside and it wasn’t in a strip mall.Hours: 24 Hours

Service: 4 Nadas
The lady, though not of Asian decent, was very friendly and really kooky. I think she likes life, and donuts, a lot. Fun times.

Taste of Glaze Donut: 3 ¾ Nadas
The donut had good fluffiness and a nice crisp glaze. It was decently moist, but there was just something slightly off about it. I couldn’t figure it out, which is disappointing given my donut knowledge and status in the online donut community. I’m only human, afterall.

Blueberry Donut? Yes! But unfortunately it sucked.




Coffee: 3 ½ Nadas
Slightly, almost, questionably, and arguably just about average. I didn’t gag, so that’s always a plus.

Special: Oreo donut looks cool and is a creative concept but don’t be fooled. It tasted like cardboard coco mixed with shaving cream.



















View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here