MK’s Jelly Donuts & Pure Water – Sebastopol, CA

Overall Shop rating: 2 Nadas

Now that I’ve been blogging for the past three years about donuts and where to find them, I feel that I’ve really sharpened my donut radar. Once in a while I’ll be surprised, though, as we turn a corner and, BAM! It’s donut time. I had high hopes for this little shop, but alas, they were dashed upon the rocks of self respect for my taste buds and the knowledge quality donuts.

Vibe of Shop: 2 Nadas

Sad to say, but the interior was bland and had no fung shwey. There was enough room to throw country square dance, but these donut slingers poorly executed their interior design. The one redeeming factor was the wall art. The awkward photos of kids made me feel the warm, fuzzy love these Donut Shop Owners must have for their kids.

Outside Appearance: 3 ½ Nadas

I was pretty excited as we drove by this small strip mall. The Donut Shop was tucked in the corner next to an old-school Barber shop and a Taqueria, and the vibe threw the feeling that is was time for a donut party! As I walked by the Barber shop I noticed there were heaps of old dudes getting trimmed up while enjoying telling their tall tales as dead deer heads hung above listening in. There was no outdoor seating but the parking lot was very maneuverable.

Hours: Open 7 Days a week

Mon – Fri (Earlier than you want to be awake):30am - 6:00pm

Sat – Sun 5:00am - ?:00pm


Service: 2 ½ Nadas

The lady wasn’t friendly and the donut baker looked like an Asian zombie.

Taste of Glaze Donut: 2 Nadas

The glaze was great, the fluff was ok, but the flavor of the dough was bad and way too dry.



Blueberry Donut? Yes! They had a blueberry donut but it tasted like a donut from 7 Eleven: overly processed and full of unhealthy preservatives.


Coffee: 2 Nadas

I’m confident there was some amount of caffeine, but it tasted watered down and the flavor was near tree bark.

Special:

Part 1: They sold filtered water at this shop. I think most of their income must come from that because the donuts were not good. Tyson called his old fashion donut Cardboard Diaper flavor.

Part 2: They were promoting a rap contest with a cash prize. I respect that, foo.




View Larger Map

1 comments:

best donuts in Albuquerque said...

Thanks for share your blog post for best donuts in donuts near me in
Albuquerque.

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here