San Diego's Finest Donuts, Northpark, CA


















We ran across this donut shop at 12:30am one night when we were getting tacos from a small drive thru taqueria in San Diego. I was all excited to see the sign that said "Open 24 Hours." When I walked over, I was highly disappointed to find that it was closed!!! The real hours are listed below in a picture. We went back the next morning.

So here is my opinion of the place on a scale of 1-5 Nadas*, 5 Nadas being good.

Vibe: 5 Nadas
There were a ton of old men sitting around in the middle of the morning cracking jokes and reading the paper. That is what I am aiming for in about 30 years.

Service: 5 Nadas
The 2 sweet older asian ladies we very friendly and helpful

Donuts: 3 Nadas
The taste was just average. The freshness was just ok. There were no specialty donuts and most importantly, no Blueberry donuts!!!

Coffee: 4 Nadas
It was surprisingly good.

The one thing really going for this place was the price! Only $0.65 for a donut. Amazing.

Randomness: They sell cigarettes

*My Favourite Hometown Donut shop is called Ferrel's Donuts on Ocean Street in Santa Cruz, CA. It is my preference and belief that they make the best original glaze donut. They are open 24 hours a day and the guy who runs the place is named, Nada. So, as I critique donut shops all over the country, I will hold them to the standard of Nada.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here