Dinkel’s Bakery and Starbucks Coffee – Chicago, IL

Dinkel’s Bakery overall shop rating: ???
Starbucks overall shop rating: 4 Nadas

Sometimes to survive you must adapt.

In September 2009 I was driving cross-country from Rhode Island back home to Santa Cruz, CA and I made a short stop in Chicago to visit my cousins. They told me that I absolutely had to try a donut from Dinkel’s Bakery. Unfortunately when we visited, it was closed that day due to a holiday or something like that. I respect a business that is not afraid to take a day off from work to observe a holiday. Life is not all about work, work, work. It’s all about enjoying some time to yourself and about eating donuts. ☺

Since Dinkel’s was closed and I had worked up an expectation for a donut, I walked across the street to Starbucks Coffee to fill the craving. I was pleasantly surprised at what I found.

Vibe of Shop: 4 Nadas
I like the Starbucks corporation. Just like all good donut shops, all Starbucks Stores are the same. I love the familiarity. This particular Starbucks was in a really cool building on the corner of 2 streets.

Outside Appearance: 5 Nadas
The location on the street corner was the perfect location

Hours: 5am – 9pm

Service: 5 Nadas
People who work at Starbucks are friendly and helpful 95% of the time. These guys working today were great!

Taste of Glaze Donut: 3 Nadas
It tasted processed, over-sugared, and like it had too many preservatives in it… but it totally filled my craving for a donut.

Blueberry Donut? No, but I didn’t have many expectations from Starbucks. They are a coffee shop, not a donut shop.

Coffee: 4 Nadas
Just like anything large and corporate, when moving to a larger scale of distribution the quality of the product tends to diminish. The coffee was good, but not amazing like some of the smaller local coffee shops in Santa Cruz.



Dinkels Bakery

View Larger Map

Starbucks

View Larger Map

0 comments:

Post a Comment

advertise here
advertise here
advertise here
advertise here